1. What is Roopkund and where is it Located ?
- Roopkund is a high altitude glacial lake in the Uttarakhand Himalayas.It is situated in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand.
2. What is the best time to go to Roopkund ?
- Roopkund trek is done only for 4 months throughout the year. If you want to experience snow and do on high difficulty then May and June are the best months for this trek. If you want to see skeltons and do the trek in slightly easy way then September and October are the best months for this trek.
3. From where does the trek starts and How difficult is this trek?
- Trek to Roopkund starts from a small village called Lohajung. THe trek to Roopkund is of Difficult gradient and in May and June the trek is the most difficult in level. Due to unpredictable weather in the higher altitudes sometimes the trek becomes challenging.
4. What kind of fitness level is required for this trek ?
- Roopkund trek require good fitness level, and anyone planning for this trek should start with normal cardio exercise at least 1 month prioor to trek start.
5. Do i need to worry about altitude sickness ?
- As we will trekking mostly in the higher altitudes above the tree line, altitude sickness can be a problem. Our team carries complete first aid kit along with supplimetal oxygen and oximeter to take each day's oxygen level reading. However, it is always advisable to keep your body hydrated by drinking atleast 5-6 ltrs of water everyday.
6. How will we travel from Kathgodam to Lohajung, and is my transport cost included in the trek cost ?
- The complete group will travel together from Kathgodam to Lohajung and back by a sumo/bolero. The transport cost from Kathgodam to Lohajung and back to Kathgodam is included in the Trek cost.
7. What is the group size for this Trek ?
- The group sizes varies from 8-12 people per group.
8. What is the trekking distance on each day ?
- The trekking distance varies on each day. On an average we will be trekking around 8 - 10 KM. THe average time taken will be around 5-6 Hrs on each Day. The trek on each day passes through some of the best meadows and views of the HImalayan Ranges.
9. Do i require Trekking Shoes for this trek ?
- Yes, good trekking shoes are recommended for this trek.
10. What type of accommodation will be provided on each day ?
- The accommodation on each day will be in Dome Tents. Complete camping equipments are carried along with the group on each day.
11. How are the sanitation facilities in the camping sites ?
- We pitch toilet tents in each camping site.
12. What kind of food will we get while on trek ?
- We proide with High Nutrition food to all the trekkers. Our Food Menu consists of Veg//Egg meals.
13. What kind of clothing i require for this trek and what all things i need to carry for this trek ?
- You can find the details about clothing and things to carry in the essentials section.
14. Can i get a porter to carry my Bag ?
- You can get a porter to carry your bag, there is per day fee assosciated with it which we will let you know at Lohajung.