1. What is the fitness requirement for Spiti Bike RIde ?
- As you are aware, Spiti is the High Altitude cold desert with very little vegitation and during the ride we will be crossing many High Altitude Passes like Kunzum Pass and Rohtang Pass. So starting with some cardio exercises 1 month prior to the ride is the best way to prepare your health for this ride.
2. From where the Bike ride will start ?
- Bike ride will start from Manali, however package will start from Delhi only. Travel from Delhi to Manali and Manali to Delhi will be by AC Volvo.
3. What will be the riding distance on each day ?
- The riding distance on each day differs, however on an average we will be riding around 160 KM on daily basis.
4. Do i need to carry my own riding gears ?
- Yes, we provide Helmet and Riding Gears to the riders as well as the pillions.
5. Will we be staying in Camps or Hotels during the ride ?
- Your accomodation will be in Hotels as well as in the Camps during the ride. We will provide accomodation in Deluxe Hotels in Manali, Kaza, Chitkul, Kalpa and Leh, and the accomodation will be in Luxury Swiss Tents in Chandratal.
6. What kind of clothing is required for this trip ?
- You can find all the necessary details about clothing in the essentials section.
7. Are there any chances of getting Acute Mountain Sickness in Spiti ? If yes, then how to prevent it ?
- As you know Spiti is at High Altitude and we will be crossing some of the high altitude roads of the world, so there are chances of getting Acute Mountain Sickness. However, it can be prevented if you keep your body hydrated by drinking lot of water throughout the day. Secondly, you should not over exert yourself in the High Altitude Mountain Passes by running and doing more physical activities. It is advisable that you do not spend more than 15 minutes in the Mountain Passes.
8. Will there be oxygen cyclinder as a backup ?
- Yes, we carry oxygen cylinder as a backup.
9. What are the Sanitation Facilities in the Camps ?
- All your camping stays will be in Luxury Swiss Tents with attached western style Washrooms.
10. If i am riding with a pillion, where will i keep my luggage ?
- We have a dedicated backup vehicle which goes along with the riding group. All the central equipments along with the luggage of the riders will be carried in the Back Up vehicle. You only have to tie your day pack in the bike.
11. Do we need to carry the fuel as there are less petrol bunks on the Manali - Spiti Route ?
- Fuel will be carried in the Backup vehicle. Yo do not need to carry the fuel on your bikes.
12. What will happen if there is any breakdown ?
- All our bikes are in best conditions so the breakdown are a far distant thing to happen. But, in case of a breakdown, there is a Mechanic who accompany the whole group throughout the ride with spare parts.
13. Are there any permits required for visiting Spiti ?
- All documentation will be taken care by Tantra Adventurez.
14. Do i need to carry any Identity Proof with me for this ride ?
- Yes, you need to carry your valid Driving License, ID proof and Address proof.
15. Will there be any Photography and Videography in the Ride ?
- Yes, our road captains carry a Gopro Camera and the complete ride is recorded. Raw footages of the ride are shared with the complete riding group.
16. Which mobile networks are available in Spiti ?
- BSNL and Airtel postpaid network services are available in Spiti. However Airtel postpaid will only work in Kaza city.
17. How to Book for this ride ?
- You can book directly from the Website/NEFT/IMPS.